Phuket: The Jewel of Southeast Asia
Most people who visit Thailand choose the southern part of the country, where tropical islands can be found and if you’re planning a trip to the Land of Smiles, the chances are you’ll be heading south. Phuket has long been a favourite for expats and tourists alike; there’s so much to see and do that would need half a year to visit all of the local attractions.
Here are a few destinations that we think you should add to your holiday itinerary.
- Patong Beach – While there is much to do in the day time, Patong Beach has great nightlife, with bars and discos that play all your favourite dance songs. Indeed, if you book a stay at a Patong Beach hotel (known as รีสอร์ทหาดป่าตอง in Thai), you are right in the centre of the action and after dancing the night away, you can head for your luxury accommodation.
- Phi Phi Islands – Known also as the “James Bond” islands, Phi Phi should be on everyone’s list of places to visit. Book a speedboat trip online and read all about the amazing delights that visitors experience. This is one of the best snorkelling venues in the world, with spectacular coral reefs that are home to a vast array of marine life.
- Elephant Sanctuary – Phuket is the home of one of the best elephant sanctuaries in Thailand, where you can take part in the daily feeding and bathing of the animals. You can book your place online and get ready for a unique one-off experience; the elephants do not perform tricks, rather they enjoy a wonderful life in a large park and are very happy to meet tourists.
- Cave Exploring – You can enjoy a night time kayaking trip through many limestone caves with an experienced guide who is in your kayak with you. This is not something to miss; check out the tour operator’s website where you can find all the information you need and make a booking to be sure of your spot. This is one of the most popular excursions in Phuket, so early booking is advised.
- Buddhist Temple Tour – There are so many Buddhist temples, you could spend your entire life visiting them and still not see them all. There are local tour operators who offer special 9 temple tours, which is a tradition in Thailand; you get to enjoy beautiful Thai architecture and the serenity of the grounds.
Spend time search on the Internet to discover the many local attractions in Phuket, then you can book the holiday of a lifetime.